How to cancel an order on Amazon? If you’ve ever hopped on Amazon and found yourself filling your cart with stuff you don’t really need but can’t pass up at such a good price, you’re not alone.
Buyer’s remorse is something we’ve all experienced at one point or another, but what happens when you realize you don’t really need any of this stuff after all?
Thankfully, if your order hasn’t yet shipped and you placed the order pretty recently — within the past couple of hours, or up to 24 hours, depending on your chosen shipping speed — you may be able to cancel your order before it leaves one of the company’s giant warehouses.
Here’s how to do it on the Amazon website or mobile app.
How to cancel an order on Amazon?
As the seller, you can cancel orders any time prior to shipment. The buyer has approximately thirty minutes to cancel an order they have placed. Orders that have already been shipped cannot be canceled. If a cancellation request is submitted at this point, the seller should contact the buyer and inform him that the item has already been shipped.
The buyer has the option to return the item for a refund. Find out all the details about returns and refunds here. The buyer’s contact information can be found within the Order ID or in the seller’s orders list. Once you find the specific order you want to cancel, press “Cancel Order” and select the reason for cancellation.
Canceling Orders That Have Not Been Shipped
If a seller needs to cancel an order either because the item will not be shipped on time or because the item is out of stock or for any other reason, and the item has not yet been shipped, he can do it through his Seller Account.
- Access the Manage Orders section, and go to View Your Orders.
- Sellers can browse through the orders manually or use either the standard search or advanced search options provided to find the specific order in question.
- A Cancel Order button should appear somewhere in the close vicinity of the order (either next to or below depending on the page view). Press this button to cancel the order.
- A Cancel Order page will pop up automatically. Choose the Reason for Cancellation from the menu provided, and then press Submit.
Orders will automatically be canceled and an email will be sent to the Buyer.
Canceling Multi-Channel Fulfillment Orders
Multi-channel fulfillment orders can only be canceled while still in the planning stage. Once an order has graduated from planning to shipping, the order can no longer be canceled, and this window is short, sometimes fifteen minutes. If still in the planning stage, the cancelation procedure is as follows:
- Find the specific order as explained above, and choose the Order ID in question to bring up all the order information.
- There will be an option for Cancel This Order within the Multi-Channel Fulfillment Order details. Press this option, and the order will be canceled automatically.
Please note that orders that are out of stock and therefore unable to be shipped will retain the status of Unfulfillable until the stock has been refilled. Unfulfillable orders cannot be canceled. Instead, when the item is in stock again, the status for that order will be changed to Fulfillable, and a new order can be placed for that specific order.
Canceling a Fulfillment by Amazon Order
Fulfillment by Amazon orders can be canceled at any time during the process while the order has a Pending or Unshipped status by following these simple steps:
- Get in touch with Amazon Seller Support.
- Give the representative the specific Order ID or IDs.
- Supply the ASIN for the order(s) as well as the quantity of items in each ASIN.
- Provide the appropriate reason for canceling the order.
The Amazon Seller Support agent will supply the seller with cancelation confirmation and send an email to the Buyer apprising them of the cancelation. If the seller mistakenly cancels an order, it cannot be reinstated. The seller can reach out to the buyer and let him or her know of the mistake. If the customer is still interested, the seller can kindly request that the order is placed again.
Can you cancel an Amazon order after it ships?
Unfortunately, it’s not possible to cancel an Amazon order after it has been dispatched. This is why it’s so important to ensure that you cancel the order as soon as you can. Amazon is known for being pretty swift at getting orders ready, so you need to be fast. That said, you may be able to return it once you receive it. See Amazon’s support page for how to initiate a return.
Why can’t I cancel my Amazon order?
If you’ve followed the steps above and have found that you can’t cancel your order or there’s no option to do so then the chances are that the order has already shipped or is in the process of shipping and cannot be cancelled.
If this is the case then you’ll, unfortunately, have to wait for the order to arrive and then go through the process to return the item or items.
The Basics of Order Cancelation
The steps you need to follow if you want to cancel your order are relatively simple. They are:
- To cancel an order, head to Your Orders and click on it.
- Click on Cancel Items
- If you’re specifically looking to cancel seller orders, make a beeline for Request Cancellation, instead. If the “Request Cancellation” button has disappeared, you should get in touch with the vendor for further instructions. Click on the Contact Third-Party Sellers button.
To remove an item from your order, just uncheck the box next to it. Select everything you want to erase from your order and hit delete.
When you’re done with the options you’ve chosen, select Cancel Selected.
You will see a confirmation screen when you submit the canceling request. There will also be a notification in Your Account’s Messages section. Visit the Canceled Orders section of Your Orders to double-check that the order was successfully canceled.
Amazon may have already dispatched your order if you do not see the option to cancel it next to the order you wish to cancel. Click on Your Orders, then Package Tracking, and finally Cancel this delivery to cancel your shipment. If this isn’t possible, you can either reject the delivery or send it back through the Amazon website.
Above is information about How to cancel an order on Amazon? How this order on Amazon? that we have compiled. Hopefully, through the above content, you have a more detailed understanding of cancel an order on Amazon. Thank you for reading our post.