Amazon, being a global marketplace, supports various languages based on the country you’re in. If you’re not comfortable using the app in English or if you find enticing discounts on Amazon.com compared to regional Amazon sites, you can change the country in the Amazon app on your iPhone. Let’s delve into the process.
Find Your Amazon Account’s Country
Even if you’re residing in a different country, your Amazon account will still reflect your home country. It won’t change automatically. However, there are ways to determine if the country settings in the Amazon app are set to the USA or another nation. One simple method is to check the URL displayed in the search box at the top of the Amazon app.
In the above example, my Amazon app shows “Amazon” as the URL, indicating that it is the U.S. website. By checking the Amazon domain, you can identify your country in the Amazon app on iPhone. Here are a few regional sites that support English:
- Amazon.com.au – Australia
- Amazon.ca – Canada
- Amazon.eg – Egypt
- Amazon.de – Germany
- Amazon.in – India
- Amazon.co.jp – Japan
- Amazon.nl – Netherlands
- Amazon.sa – Saudi Arabia
- Amazon.sg – Singapore
- Amazon.se – Sweden
- Amazon.ae – United Arab Emirates
- Amazon.co.uk – United Kingdom
- Amazon.com – United States
Depending on your country settings in the Amazon app, the available shopping listings may vary. So, before making any purchases, ensure that the correct country is selected.
Before proceeding further, make sure your iPhone is running on iOS 16 and that you have downloaded the latest version of the Amazon app.
How to Change Language and Country in the Amazon App on iPhone
To change the language and country in the Amazon app on your iPhone, follow these steps:
- Launch the Amazon app on your iPhone.
- Tap the three-line menu symbol at the bottom right of the screen.
- Scroll down and find the Settings option. Here, you’ll see a country flag representing your home country. Tap on the down arrow to expand the menu.
- Choose Country & Language.
- In the Country/Region tab, select your preferred country.
- Navigate to the Language tab and choose your preferred language.
- Once done, return to the previous screen and tap on Done.
Why Change the Default Country and Language on the Amazon App?
Changing the country in the Amazon app on your iPhone allows you to access information in another language and avail yourself of discounts from other regional Amazon sellers. If there are fantastic deals on Amazon.com, you can simply purchase from there since certain vendors on Amazon offer international delivery. However, be mindful that there may be delivery restrictions and additional costs for shipping and taxes.
Other Important Facts to Consider
When you change the country in the Amazon app on your iPhone, you won’t lose any of your purchases. You’ll have the option to transfer:
- Kindle Books
- Audiobooks on Audible
- Files on Amazon Drive
- Amazon Music
- Membership in Amazon Prime with subscriptions to Prime Video, Amazon Music, and the Appstore.
After you set up another country, there may be certain restrictions on transferring Amazon properties to your account. Nevertheless, Amazon will automatically move most of your assets to the new country and language settings on your Amazon account.
That’s it! You can now do an Amazon search in the language you’ve chosen, and all content will be translated accordingly.
Changing the country in the Amazon app is a helpful trick, especially if you live outside your home country. Now you can search for items in your preferred language, thanks to the ability to change the country or language in the Amazon app on your iPhone.
- How to change the language of an app on iPhone or iPad
- 15 Best shopping apps for iPhone and iPad
- Best coupon apps for iPhone
- Best language translator devices