Understanding Facebook’s Birthday Rules
Changing your birthday on Facebook is a simple process, but there are a few restrictions you should be aware of:
- You can only modify your birthday once every two weeks.
- You have a maximum of three opportunities to change your birthday. After that, you won’t be able to make any further modifications unless you contact Facebook’s customer support team.
- Changing your birthday to a date that suggests you are under the age of 13 can result in a ban from Facebook.
Now that you know the limitations, here’s how you can update your birthday on Facebook.
Changing Your Birthday on Facebook’s Website
- Visit the Facebook website and log in to your account.
- Go to your profile page, and under your profile picture, click on “About”.
- On the About page, locate and click on “Contact and Basic Info” in the left sidebar.
- Scroll down to the section where your birthday is displayed. Here, you have two options:
- To change the specific date, click on the pencil icon.
- To adjust who can see your birthday, click on the small icon (which could be a globe, lock, group of people, or a star) next to the pencil icon.
- Select your new birthdate and click “Save”, or choose your new audience settings.
- Your birthday will be updated immediately, without any notification sent out.
Updating Your Birthday in the Facebook Mobile App
- Open the Facebook app and log in to your account.
- Go to your profile, and below your profile picture and public information, tap on “See Your About Info”.
- Scroll down to the “Basic Info” section and tap on “Edit” on the right side.
- In the “Birthday” options, you can change the day, month, or year of your birthdate. Additionally, you can tap on the “Audience is” options to adjust the visibility of your birthday.
- Once you’re finished, tap “Save” in the top-right corner.
That’s it! You have successfully updated your birthday on Facebook using either the website or the mobile app.
Remember, while altering your birthday is possible, make sure to adhere to Facebook’s guidelines and avoid any dishonest practices. Keep your profile information accurate and up-to-date. Happy editing!
Updating your birthday on the Facebook mobile app