How to download apps on laptop without Microsoft Store? Is Microsoft Store not working on your Windows PC? Are you using a corporate device that prevents you from accessing the Microsoft Store? If so, you might have trouble installing apps that are only available on the Microsoft Store. If that’s the case, you might wonder: where else can you download Microsoft Store apps?
That’s exactly what we’ll cover today: how to download Microsoft Store apps without using the Microsoft Store. We’ll also discuss the risks associated with this method, so you’re aware of them before trying it.
How to download apps on laptop without Microsoft Store?
You can download Microsoft Store apps from third-party websites like Adguard, which is the easiest and most recommended method. This website provides old versions of the Windows operating system, Microsoft Store apps, and more. To download and install apps using Adguard, follow these steps:
- Enter the app name and the keyword “Microsoft Store” in your browser search bar. For example, “Evernote Microsoft Store.”
- In the search results, click the webpage for the app on Microsoft Store. Always click on the official link rather than an advertisement or unofficial source.
- Upon landing on the Microsoft Store app page, copy the link.
- Open the Adguard official website and paste the copied URL into the store’s search box.
- To have the store retrieve links from Microsoft servers, click the tick next to the search bar.
- Look at the release dates of the app you want to download.
- From the list, choose the latest version or an older one of the app. Download only from the link that ends with the .APPXBUNDLE extension. If you don’t find any file with this extension, look for one with the .MSIXBUNDLE extension. In addition, avoid files with extensions .EAPPXBUNDLE or .EMSIXBUNDLE, as these are encrypted files.
- If the download doesn’t start automatically, right-click the relevant link and copy it. After that, paste the link into your browser. Taking this step will start the download process.
- If the download fails, temporarily disable Windows Defender and any other antivirus app you use. In addition, turn off security extensions in your browser.
- If your browser warns you that a file has potential security risks, click the Allow button to allow the download.
- When the file has been successfully downloaded, go to the directory where it was downloaded.
- Click on the file with the .APPXBUNDLE or .MSIXBUNDLE extension.
- In the installation pop-up, click Install.
- Let the installation complete, and your Microsoft Store app will be successfully installed on your device without having to use the Microsoft Store.
In most cases, the file will install smoothly, but you may encounter errors about missing components occasionally.
For instance, you may receive an error stating that “Microsoft.VCLIBS.120.00.Universal is missing” during installation. To resolve this issue, go to the Adguard link generator and instruct it to retrieve the links to the components’ files from the Microsoft server, as we did earlier. There, you’ll find the missing component file, so download it.
After downloading, check whether the file has an “.APPX” extension. If it doesn’t, rename it to include the extension. After that’s done, reinstall the game file. This time everything will go smoothly.
How To Install App Without Microsoft Store: Process Step By Step
So, what will you do if the Microsoft store doesn’t work, you cannot download or update any apps and games on your PC? There is an unofficial option for you to solve your problem and download apps without the Microsoft store and without updating windows.
You can use the Adguard store and an online link generator for downloading Microsoft store apps. By Adguard, you will need not go through the Microsoft Store and download apps from the company’s servers.
With the process, you can manually install the Windows Store app. If you have a question like How to download the Netflix app on a laptop without a Microsoft store, this process is your answer. With this process, you can install any type of apps.
How To Download Apps On Laptop Windows 10 Without Microsoft Store
To download apps on your laptop without a Microsoft store, you have to follow the instructions given in the steps below:
Step 1: Go for the URL link
At first, you have to go for the URL link of the app you want to download. To do this, you need not go to the store. You can find the URL from the Microsoft store website. With any of the browsers of your PC, go to the Microsoft store website.
Search for the app you need. On the address bar, you will get the link. Copy the link completely to the clipboard with this one.
Step 2: Go To The Adguard Store
Once you have copied the link from the Microsoft store website, you need to go to the Adguard Store website. Here you can generate the Microsoft store link.
Now go for the Adguard store. After going to the website, you will see a box for the URL link. Paste the link in the box you copied previously.
There is a button on the side of the URL that chooses “Retail” from there. Finally, click on the button on the right side. There you will get elements and all the available links listed, which are part of the Application.
Step 3: Download AppxBundle
After clicking the check box, you will find a list of all the links related to the app. You have to search for the AppxBundle in the list that contains the Application we need.
Look for the latest version of the Application there. You have to download AppxBundle and EAppxBundle. Once you find both of them, click on download, and the link will start to download.
If this doesn’t work, copy the link and paste it on new windows, it will start to download.
Step 4: Activate The Developer Mode
Your computer should have the programmer mode enabled to install an unsigned application outside of the Microsoft Store. Before installing the App, you have to make sure that the developer mode is enabled or not. If not, activate the developer mode on your PC with the following steps.
- To activate developer mode click on the start button
- Go to the settings menu
- Then Go for “Update & Security” there
- In the side panel below, you will find ” For programmers” click on that
- Here in the “Use developer features” section, you will find Developer mode enable it.
- Click on “Yes”.
- Restart your computer to complete Activation
Above is information about How to download apps on laptop without Microsoft Store? that we have compiled. Hopefully, through the above content, you have a more detailed understanding of download apps on laptop without Microsoft Store. Thank you for reading our post.