How to download Excel? Save your log in information? Excel is a Microsoft application that you can use to create spreadsheets of important data. This application is useful for both personal and professional use to organize and analyze financial data, schedules, tasks and research. Learning how to download Excel on your devices can help you access your spreadsheets remotely and get more use of your Office subscription. In this article, we share a step-by-step guide on how to download Excel on a desktop or mobile phone with tips on using this application.
How to download Excel?
The steps to download Excel on your device depends on the type of device you’re downloading and using Excel on. Here are steps for downloading Excel on these devices:
To download Excel on your laptop computer or desktop, follow these steps:
- Choose a plan that meets your use requirements and buy a subscription to Microsoft Office 365. You can also try this service for free for one month.
- Search “https://www.office.com/myaccount/” in your web browser to get to an account page where you can log into your Office account.
- Enter your email address and password that you used to sign up for an Office subscription.
- On the left side of your account page click “install” to install Office and its applications on your desktop.
- Click “install” again when the software gives a prompt to agree to the terms of service and use of Office.
- Double-click on the Office file that downloads on the bottom tab of your screen. Depending on your device’s operating system, you may click “yes” for Windows or “continue” on a Mac to finish downloading and installing Office on your desktop.
- Use the search bar in the bottom tab of your screen to find Excel after the download is complete.
- Click on the Excel icon, which is a gradient green rectangle with a small x, to open the Excel application on your desktop.
You can also access Excel on your mobile phone which is helpful if you need to view data or work on a spreadsheet remotely. If you’re using Excel on your mobile phone you can download the application by following these steps:
- Open the app store by touching the app store icon on your phone. For an iphone, the app store icon is blue with an “A” and android phones have an app store icon that resembles a play button.
- Tap inside of the search bar, once the app store opens, to access the keypad on your phone.
- Type “excel” in the search bar to find the Excel application.
- To the right of the Excel icon there is a “get” button on iphones and an “install” button on android phones. Choose either to download the app.
- When the app downloads, you can tap the Excel icon, which is gradient green with a small “x”. This opens the application.
- Log into your Microsoft account to gain access to Excel and its features after the app installs.
Tips for downloading and using Excel on different devices
When you download this application on your devices, there are a few considerations to have regarding your Microsoft account and how you can use it. Here are some tips for downloading Excel and ensuring you receive the most benefit from your purchase:
Use your Office subscription on multiple devices with one account
You can download all the applications that an Office 365 subscription includes on multiple devices using the same account. You can have up to five devices per account, which is useful if you’re sharing your Microsoft or using the applications on several devices. For example, a student may download Excel and other office applications on their laptop, desktop at home and their mobile devices, such as a phone or tablet. The ability to access the applications on multiple devices also enables you to access files remotely.
Downloading Excel on multiple devices may also help lower the expense of your subscription because you can share the cost with family or colleagues who also use Office. This option may be especially beneficial to small businesses, start-ups and students.
Get a free trial before subscribing
Signing up for a free trial of Microsoft Office allows you to test the applications before committing to a subscription. It’s also beneficial to get a free month of a subscription even if you know you want a subscription to the service. When you sign up for an account, you can choose a free trial and input all the same information that you may input to subscribe, such as an email address and payment information.
Learn from Excel courses and workbooks
There are many free resources online for you to learn how to use Excel and all its features. You may also find book resources in a library. Microsoft also offers courses you can take online or through a college to learn more about how to use Excel. Learning about the features the application offers may simplify the tasks that you use Excel to complete. For example, if you’re using Excel to prepare a monthly budget, there are formulas you can input in order to add all the values in the cells of the spreadsheet together, rather than doing the calculations manually.
Learning more about the application also ensures that you gain more benefit from your subscription. If you understand all the ways you can use Excel, you may find multiple ways to apply its abilities in your life.
Save your log in information
When you create an account to download Excel, record the email address and password you use so that you’re able to sign into your account on different devices. Some find it useful to keep a notebook where they document all passwords and usernames they use for their accounts. You may only have access to your Office 365 applications if you’re signed into your account on the device that from which you’re accessing the app.
Sometimes a device may require you to sign into your account between creating an account to purchase Excel and to download it. To avoid forgetting your account information, it may be useful to download Excel on all the devices you plan to use Excel with at the same time.
Above is information about How to download Excel? Save your log in information? that we have compiled. Hopefully, through the above content, you have a more detailed understanding of download Excel. Thank you for reading our post.