How to download Outlook? Do you wish to install the Microsoft Outlook desktop application? We are going to show you how it’s done in this article. Outlook is the email client from Microsoft. It forms part of Microsoft 365, a suite of web-based applications that a lot of businesses and individuals use around the world. You are here because you now wish to use Outlook on your desktop. That makes it easy to switch from working from your computer to the cloud.
How to download Outlook?
Outlook 2019 is not available as a standalone application for PC, and if you wish to either upgrade or perform a fresh installation of Outlook 2019, you can choose between Office 365 Home, Office 365 Personal, and Office Home & Student 2019.
Therefore, installing the latest version of Office 2019 or Office 365 suite is enough for getting the latest build of Outlook – 2019. Before we jump on guiding you through the Office 2019/Office 365 suite installation steps, let’s first go through the new features received.
Microsoft has introduced new features with more focus on ease of access & compatibility, and that’s not all, there are some features which are highly requested by users and are available now in Office 2019 and Office 365 Suite. Like it is mentioned above, both Office 2019 & Office 365 are bundles of office applications for PC, so the features introduced newly aren’t common to all the Office applications.
Why is Outlook not working in Windows 11?
There are several reasons why Outlook may malfunction in Windows 11. Some common issues are:
- Compatibility issues – Sometimes, third-party software or drivers installed on your computer may interfere with Outlook’s functioning in Windows 11.
- Corrupt installation files – If the Outlook installation files are corrupt or incomplete due to malware or user errors, it can cause issues with the program’s functionality in Windows 11. Therefore, you should perform a virus scan on your device.
- Configuration issues – Incorrect configuration settings or changes to the default settings can also cause Outlook to malfunction in Windows 11.
- System updates – Installing faulty Windows updates or other software installed on your computer may cause conflicts with Outlook, resulting in issues with its functioning.
Moreover, we’ll discuss how to install Outlook on Windows 11 as we go further into the article.
How to fix Outlook issues if there are any?
Outlook has higher precedence of market amongst all other desktop email clients, especially for Windows users. For both corporates and business organizations, Outlook is the central medium to send/receive emails & attachments, schedule meetings and do a lot more to keep things sorted and organized. Facing an Outlook issue or encountering with an error message is the worst of all because this will cost both money and time.
PST Recovery tool is the ideal product that can help in saving both money and time. Using the tool you can repair corrupt or damaged PST file(s) with no restriction on file size limit.
Save Emails From Outlook’s Desktop Version
In Outlook’s desktop app, you can download single or multiple emails at once. If you choose to download a single email, you can save that email in the .MSG, .TXT, .OFT, HTML, or .MHT file format. However, if you download multiple emails, .TXT is the only format you can use.
To get started, launch Outlook on your computer. Then select single or multiple emails you want to download. You can make multiple selections by holding down the Ctrl (Windows) or Command (Mac) key and clicking your emails.
In our example, we’ll choose a single email to download to our computer.
While your email to download is selected, in Outlook’s top-left corner, click “File.”
Next, in the left sidebar, select “Save As.”
You’ll see your computer’s standard “Save As” window. Here, select a folder to save your email in, type a name for the email file in the “File Name” field, choose a file format from the “Save as Type” drop-down menu, and click “Save.”
You’re all set. Your selected email has been successfully saved in your chosen format on your computer.
Download an Email From Outlook’s Web Version
In Outlook’s web version, you can only download one email at a time. Also, the only file format you can save your email in is .EML. You can open .EML files on your computer using apps like Windows Mail and Outlook.
To start the email download process, launch a web browser on your computer and open Outlook. Sign in to your email account on the site if you haven’t already. After logging in, select the email you want to download.
In the email section, at the top-right corner, click the three dots.
In the menu that opens, choose “Download.”
In your computer’s standard “Save As” window that opens, choose the folder in which you want to save your email file and click “Save.”
You now have an offline copy of your selected Outlook email on your machine. Enjoy!
On a similar note, if you use Gmail, you can download your Gmail emails, too.
Setting Up Outlook for Desktop
Note that you need to have a license to use Microsoft 365. The following is how to download and install the Outlook desktop app onto your computer;
- Log into the Microsoft portal. Enter your email or phone number and then type in your password.
- Once logged in, click on Install Office. You will see the button to the right of your screen.
- Next, click on Office 365 apps. Note that you will not just get Outlook. It comes bundled in with other apps including OneDrive, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. If you already have some of these apps installed on your computer, they will be replaced by the new installations. That’s okay.
- You will get an OfficeSetup.exe file on your computer. Click on it.
- Confirm that you wish to proceed with the installation.
- Office apps will start downloading onto your computer. This may take a while depending on how fast your internet is.
- When done, click on Close.
- Now click on the Start menu on your computer and search for Outlook.
- Click on the Outlook app.
Above is information about How to download Outlook? What is this Outlook about? that we have compiled. Hopefully, through the above content, you have a more detailed understanding of download Outlook. Thank you for reading our post.