How to download Visio? Can I Download Visio for Free Microsoft Visio is a powerful and feature-rich app for creating diagrams and flowcharts fit for all types of occasions. You can easily achieve professional results with MS Visio, as it offers many different tools and templates and an intuitive interface that even beginners can navigate through.
Downloading and installing the software is quite easy and does not differ from downloading and installing any other MS Office program. Here are the steps you must follow to download, install, and use Visio successfully.
How to download Visio?
Although Visio is a Microsoft application, it is not included with the core Microsoft Office 365 package. It’s equal to a plug-in that needs to be downloaded separately for Office 365. However, if you were a part of the Microsoft 365 subscription, you can use enjoy some core Visio capabilities without extra cost.
What Is Microsoft Visio
Microsoft Visio, also known as Microsoft Office Visio, is a powerful and multifunctional diagramming and vector graphics app. This tool can be used to create diagrams and flowcharts for various occasions. In addition, it has a user-friendly interface that can help you make your own professional results easily.
Can I Download Visio for Free
Is MS Visio free? The answer is “No”. It is a premium software program that has many different subscription-based Visio plans. At present, Microsoft only gives users the ability to download a trial version of Visio freely. Thus, if you still want to upgrade its core functionalities after you get the Visio download package, you need to download some third-party add-ins.
Which Version of Visio Should You Download
Another important thing is to figure out which MS Visio version works best for you. There are different versions like Visio 2016 Standard/Professional and Visio Office 365 Pro. However, the Standard version only offers the basic functionalities. If you want to use more tools, templates, and shapes, then a professional version is an ideal choice.
Microsoft now offers 2 Visio plans and only some versions include the desktop app. For that:
- Visio Plan 1: If you choose this plan, it means that the only way to access Visio is via the Web app version. To access Visio on the web, you can visit visio.office.com and sign in with your Microsoft account if prompted.
- Visio Plan 2: If choose this plan or has a non-subscription version like Visio Professional and Visio Standard 2013, 2016, 2019, 2021, you can download and install Visio as the desktop app.
How to Get Microsoft Visio
Users who only need to view Visio diagrams can do so for free by visiting Visio Online Basic.
Students may be able to download Visio through Azure for Education.
Users who need to create professional business and IT diagrams that meet industry standards and can be connected to data will require a Visio Plan 2 License. It is also the only way for UW faculty and staff to obtain the Visio desktop app.
Visio Plan 2 licenses are offered to UW departments annually from June 1 to May 31 in alignment with our Microsoft contract and include no service or support for the product itself. The cost is not prorated when purchased midway through the contract year.
Please note: The Visio Plan 2 desktop application is incompatible with Office 2016. To utilize the Visio Plan 2 desktop application, upgrade to Office 365 ProPlus.
So, what is Microsoft Visio?
Microsoft Visio is a feature-rich, yet powerful app that enables users to create diagrams and flowcharts that are fit for all occasions. With MS Visio, you can quickly get professional results since it offers different tools and templates with an intuitive interface that even newbies can navigate through. In this guide, we look at how to download and install MS Visio.
Downloading and installing MS Visio app is straightforward. The process doesn’t differ from downloading and installing other MS office programs. Below are the steps you can follow to download, install, and start using MS Visio successfully.
Firstly, there’s a need to get the right version that meets requirements. You can either choose from Visio Standard 2019, Visio Professional 2019, or Visio Pro for Office 365. It is worthy to note that the standard version only includes the basics; hence, if you need more templates and shapes, then you should opt for the Professional version. Additionally, you can upgrade from Visio 2016 to MS Visio 2019in order to get more update features. Even if you’re upgrading, you’ll still get the old features you’re used to as well as new ones.
Visio Professional or standard
If you’re having one of the non-subscription options, then you should have received a product key with your purchase. Before you install the app for the first time, you will be required to login with an existing MS account and enter your product key at Office.com/setup. Redeeming your product key helps link your account with the Visio app. You’re only required to this once. If you already did this, then you can go ahead and download Visio.
Depending on the Operating System you’re using, find Software Center from the Start Menu and locate MS Visio App. If you don’t find it, use the search box to find it. Once you get the right version of MS Visio for your needs, all you need to do is to click “install” and follow the on-screen steps. The app will be installed on your PC, and you can start using it immediately.
How to access Microsoft Visio for students
The software is now treated as a standalone product and not as part of Microsoft Office Suite. The program is web-based, meaning you don’t have to install anything on your computer as the entire program can be accessed through a web browser. The downside is that you’ll need internet access whenever you want to use the software. However, even if you lose the connection or it’s too slow, your work will be saved locally on the computer and as soon as you get back online, it will update your project to the cloud.
- Go to the official Visio website
- Click on “See plans and pricing”
- Pick between Standard and Professional packages and decide on a payment plan and then click on “try free for one month”
- On the next page, you will need to set up your Microsoft account. Start by entering an email address (work or school) that you want to be associated with the account and click on the “Next” button and then on the “Set up an account” button
- On the next page, fill out the form with your personal details, such as your full name, country, business phone number, and company name (you can put a random company name in this field)
- Then you’ll have to verify your phone number by entering a code that Microsoft will send you through a text or voice message. Enter the code that you have received and click “Verify”
- Then set up a username and a custom domain name and click “Save”. This can be anything, it doesn’t have to be a company name if you don’t have one.
- Below that, create a new password that you will use to log in to your account later. Make sure to remember the username and password.
- If you forget it, you can always reset it through the email address that you have entered in the previous step.
- Once your account is successfully created, sign in with your username and password to continue with the downloading process
- Once logged in, you’ll receive a confirmation email with the link to start the free trial. Click on “Start your trial” button
- Then go to admin dashboard and click on Open Visio for web
Microsoft is slowly moving away from the local installation approach to web-based apps hosted in the cloud. This is a much safer and faster approach as they remove the technical step needed to install the software on a machine.
Above is information about How to download Visio? Can I Download Visio for Free that we have compiled. Hopefully, through the above content, you have a more detailed understanding of download Visio. Thank you for reading our post.