With YouTube TV, you have the ability to record a wide range of programs, including live events and sports. The best part is that you can store unlimited recordings without taking up any space on your devices. In this article, we will guide you through the process of recording a show on YouTube TV, as well as how to watch and delete your recordings.
How YouTube TV Recording Works
When you record a program on YouTube TV, it automatically adds all upcoming airings and reruns to your DVR library. The best part is that you have unlimited storage space, so recording multiple episodes is not a problem. Additionally, you don’t have to worry about storage on your phone, tablet, or streaming device because YouTube TV stores all your recordings online for nine months. As long as you have an internet connection, you can seamlessly record and watch your favorite programs. Here’s how:
Recording on YouTube TV
- To record a show on YouTube TV, open the app and click on the magnifying glass icon in the top-right corner.
- Enter the name of the show or program you want to record.
- Finally, click on the plus icon next to the show’s name.
Note: If you don’t see the plus sign icon, it means you may not be able to record that specific program.
Once you click on the plus sign icon, it will change to a checkmark, and you’ll receive a notification confirming that the show has been added to your DVR library. It’s worth mentioning that if you’re using YouTube TV on a smartphone, you can also tap and hold any program to see a pop-up window and then tap “Add to Library” to record it.
If you don’t want to manually search for each show to record, you can also record what you’re currently watching. Here’s how:
Recording Live Shows on YouTube TV
- Start watching any program on YouTube TV and pause it.
- Then, click on the plus sign icon located just below the title. Depending on your device, you might also need to select the “Add to Library” option.
Note: If you’re recording a currently airing program, YouTube TV will only record from the moment you added the program. If a rerun of that episode or show airs, the previous incomplete recording will be replaced with the full show.
YouTube TV also makes it easy for sports enthusiasts to record all live sporting events from their favorite teams. Here’s how:
Recording Live Sports on YouTube TV
- Click on the magnifying glass icon to search for your team or an event.
- Select the event or team you want to record.
- Finally, click on the plus sign icon and choose if you want to record a specific event or all events from your team or league.
Please note that depending on the network you’re watching, there may still be some unskippable ads in your recordings.
Once you have recorded your favorite shows, it’s time to watch them. Here’s how you can access your YouTube TV recordings:
Watching YouTube TV Recordings
- Open YouTube TV and go to the Library tab at the top of the screen.
- Scroll down and select a category based on your preferences.
- You might also need to select “Watch Now,” depending on the program you want to watch.
If you can’t find your most recent recordings, check the Scheduled category as YouTube TV may not have recorded them if no new episodes have aired yet.
Finally, if you have a surplus of recordings and want to delete some, here’s how:
Deleting Recordings on YouTube TV
- Go to the Library tab at the top of your home screen.
- Select the program you want to delete.
- Click on the checkmark button or the circle icon with a square inside.
Keep in mind that even if you stop recording a show, the previous recordings will remain in your DVR library for nine months. Only future episodes will no longer appear in your Library.
YouTube TV’s DVR offers a multitude of benefits, including unlimited storage space, easy access from multiple devices, the ability to rewind, fast-forward, and skip certain ads, and the opportunity to record multiple shows simultaneously. You can also share these features with up to five family members. Enjoy the convenience and flexibility of recording and watching your favorite shows on YouTube TV!
Please note that this article contains affiliate links. When you make a purchase through these links, we may earn a commission.