Looking to make a splash on TikTok and attract a massive following? While we can’t promise overnight virality, we can show you a feature that can help you connect with your audience in real-time and gain new followers: TikTok LIVE. This interactive feature allows you to engage with your audience and showcase your personality, all while building a loyal fanbase. So let’s dive in and learn how to go live on TikTok!
What is TikTok Live?
TikTok LIVE is TikTok’s version of live video streaming – similar to Facebook Live, Instagram Live, and YouTube Live. With TikTok LIVE, users and creators have the opportunity to interact in real-time. However, there are a few requirements and restrictions to keep in mind:
- You need a minimum of 1,000 followers to unlock TikTok Live (although there is a small trick to get around this, which we’ll cover later).
- You must be at least 16 years old to start your own live stream.
- To send and receive gifts during a live stream, you must be 18 years or older. These gifts are virtual offerings from your followers that can be converted into cash.
How to Go Live on TikTok
Assuming you meet the requirements mentioned above, here are the steps to go live on TikTok:
- Open the TikTok camera.
- Scroll through the options under the red record button until you find “LIVE” and tap it.
- Create a catchy title for your live stream.
- Choose a cover photo, topic, and any desired filters.
- Tap the pink “Go LIVE” button.
To help you navigate the process more easily, we’ve included screenshots and additional details.
After a three-second countdown, your live stream will begin. If the “Go LIVE” button doesn’t appear, ensure you meet all the requirements. In some cases, too many live streams may be occurring simultaneously, so try again a few minutes later.
How to Go Live on TikTok Without 1000 Followers
As of now, there’s a “hack” to unlock TikTok Live access without the 1,000 follower requirement. Here’s what you need to do:
- Tap the hamburger menu in the upper right corner of your profile to access your account settings.
- Select “Report a problem.”
- Choose “I can’t start a TikTok LIVE.”
- When asked if your problem was resolved, select “No.”
- In the “Send us your feedback” box, politely request TikTok Live access by stating, “Hi there, I cannot access TikTok Live. Could you please enable it for me?”
- Hit send, and within two days, you should have access to TikTok Live.
For a step-by-step guide with screenshots, follow these instructions:
Within 24-72 hours, you should receive TikTok Live access. Now, let’s jump into some tips and best practices to ensure a successful TikTok Live experience.
TikTok Live Tips and Best Practices
Here are some valuable tips to help you make the most of your TikTok Live sessions:
1. Have a Goal
Before going live, define a clear goal for your session. Do you want to promote a new product, share specific information, or connect with your audience on a deeper level? Knowing your objective will help you structure your content and make your live stream more purposeful.
2. Pick a Relevant Topic
Once you have your goal in mind, choose a topic that aligns with it. Your topic should be captivating and relevant to your audience’s interests. For example, if you’re promoting a product, you could demonstrate how it solves a common problem. Consider planning a series of live streams with subtopics to keep your audience engaged.
3. Structure Your Live Stream
To keep your audience engaged throughout your live stream, establish a clear structure. Begin by introducing yourself to new viewers and explaining the topic. Depending on your content, you can choose a structure that suits your goals, such as step-by-step instructions or a question-and-answer format.
4. Keep it Concise
TikTok thrives on short-form content, so aim to keep your live stream around 30 minutes or less. This duration offers ample time to achieve your goals without losing your audience’s interest. Planning your content in advance helps you stick to a timeline and transition smoothly between segments.
5. Choose the Right Timing
Consider going live when the majority of your audience is online. This ensures maximum reach and engagement for your live stream. To determine the best time, refer to the Follower Activity section of your TikTok analytics. Going live during peak hours increases your chances of attracting more viewers.
6. Be Authentic
While it’s essential to plan your content, remember that TikTok thrives on authenticity. Avoid appearing overly scripted, as the platform’s charm lies in the raw and genuine content creators produce. Strike a balance between preparedness and spontaneity to connect organically with your audience.
7. Prioritize Quality
Although TikTok emphasizes authenticity, it’s crucial to maintain high-quality standards for your live streams. Film in well-lit areas, ensure clear audio, and choose a solid internet connection to create a seamless experience for your viewers.
8. Include a Call to Action
To maximize the impact of your live stream, conclude with a call to action. Remind your viewers of the main point you wanted them to take away and provide next steps, such as following your account or visiting your website. Engage them further and encourage their participation.
9. Foster Interaction
Engagement is the essence of TikTok Live. Acknowledge and respond to viewer questions and comments during your live stream. Show appreciation for new followers and any gifts you receive. Some live streams are entirely based on viewer requests, enhancing the interactive experience.
Now that you have a solid foundation of tips, let’s explore some inspiring TikTok live ideas and examples to spark your creativity.
TikTok Live Ideas and Examples
Do a Challenge: Initiate a live challenge and let your audience join in. You can even show behind-the-scenes footage of a TikTok video you’re filming, simultaneously using separate devices.
Conduct a Live Q&A: Collect questions in advance or answer them as they come up in the comments. Engage with your audience and foster a stronger bond.
Host Interviews: Reach a wider audience by interviewing other TikTok users. Collaborate on challenges, joint Q&A sessions, or discuss relevant topics to expand your reach.
Ask for Feedback: Use your live stream as an opportunity to test new content or ideas. Seek direct feedback from your followers to refine your strategies.
Offer a Behind-the-Scenes Tour: Take your viewers behind the scenes and give them insights into your content creation process or how your business operates.
- Create a Helpful How-To: Capitalize on your expertise and offer step-by-step instructions for tasks your audience would find valuable. Strive to provide actionable insights to keep viewers engaged until the end.
Discuss Current Events: Talk about current events or trends within your niche. Your followers likely have similar thoughts and opinions, making it an excellent opportunity for deeper connection.
Casual Chit-Chat While Cooking: Turn your live stream into a casual conversation, cooking up a storm as your audience tunes in. Chat about life, upcoming content plans, or any topics that interest your viewers.
Showcase Your Product Creation: Demonstrate how your product is made while answering questions from viewers. This approach builds credibility, showing your customers that your product matches its claims.
- Host a Live Stream Fundraiser: Engage your audience in a meaningful cause by holding a live stream fundraiser. Consider offering prizes or matching donations to boost participation. Fundraisers create a sense of community, forging meaningful connections with your audience.
Start Your First TikTok Live Today
Going live on TikTok offers an incredible opportunity to connect with your audience, grow your following, and drive traffic to your website. The best part? It’s incredibly easy! No extensive editing required—just grab your phone, turn on the camera, and start talking. If you feel a bit camera-shy, consider inviting a friend or follower to join you for moral support.
To further assist you with live social media videos, check out the following resources:
- The Ridiculously Awesome Guide to Facebook Live
- 8 Tips for Making Incredible Instagram Live Videos
- The Complete Guide to Getting Started with YouTube Live
Start streaming live on TikTok and unleash your creative potential!