TikTok, the popular social media platform, continues to delight its users with innovative features. To meet the demands of its users, TikTok recently introduced group chats, allowing users to conveniently share their favorite videos with friends. In this article, we will walk you through the process of creating a TikTok group chat, enabling you to stay connected with your friends and share content effortlessly.
Method 1 – Creating a Group Chat Through Inbox
If you prefer to create a TikTok group chat using the app’s inbox feature, follow these simple steps:
- Open your TikTok App and log in to your profile.
- Navigate to your inbox section by locating the paper plane icon in the top right corner of the screen. Tap on it to proceed.
- Inside the inbox, you will find all your direct messages or DMs. To create a group chat, either open a past conversation with a friend or start a new one by tapping the + icon and selecting a user.
- Once you’ve opened a conversation, tap on the three dots icon in the top right corner of your screen. Above your friend’s username and profile picture, you will see a “Create a group chat” option. Click on it, and you will see a list of users who are your mutual followers. Select as many as you want and click on “Create a group.”
Following these steps, you will create a group chat consisting of your friends. You can now freely send messages and share your beloved TikTok videos. If this method seems too lengthy for you, don’t worry—we have an alternative.
Method 2 – Creating a Group Chat Easily Through Share
If you prefer a quicker method to create a TikTok group chat, follow these three simple steps:
- Find the TikTok video you want to share and tap on the “Share” button.
- Choose the option “Send a message.”
- Select as many friends from the list as you want, and at the bottom of the screen, you will find a popup saying “Create a group chat with friends.” Click on it and hit “Send”!
These three steps will swiftly create a TikTok group chat, allowing you to share your favorite videos with friends in an instant.
In certain cases, you might encounter difficulties creating a TikTok group chat despite following the steps mentioned above. Here are some possible reasons:
Server Error: Since the group chat feature is still in beta testing, you may occasionally encounter a pop-up saying “server is unavailable.” This is due to the high number of users currently utilizing this feature. Patience is key as the server stabilizes and resolves the issue.
Experimental Function: The group chat feature is currently available to selected users as it is still in the experimental phase. If you are unable to access it, you may need to wait until it becomes available to the general public.
Underaged Members: One common reason for difficulty in creating a TikTok group chat is if one of the members in the group is under the age of 16. Simply remove individuals falling in this category, and your group chat should function properly.
Creating a TikTok group chat is a convenient way to share and discuss your favorite videos with friends. While this feature is relatively new and may encounter some hiccups, we hope this guide has provided you with the necessary steps to navigate the process with ease. Stay connected, enjoy the group chat feature, and keep sharing your TikTok adventures effortlessly!