Going live on TikTok can be a game-changer for creators. It’s a fantastic way to boost engagement, grow your audience, and even earn money through gift points. But, of course, not everyone has access to this feature. In this article, we’ll explore how you can go live on TikTok, along with tips for creating successful livestreams that keep your viewers coming back for more!
Who Can Go Live on TikTok?
To go live on TikTok, you need to meet two requirements: be at least 16 years old and have 1,000 followers or more. If you’re a creator who’s 18 or older, you can also earn gift points during your livestreams. Unfortunately, younger creators are not eligible to earn gift points. Remember, though, you must abide by TikTok’s community guidelines and avoid actively seeking or offering gifts in exchange for incentives.
Pro Tip: If you mistakenly entered your age, there’s a guide on how to change it on TikTok.
How to Go Live on TikTok
Ready to shine in the spotlight and go live on TikTok? Here’s a step-by-step guide to get you started:
- Open your TikTok app and log in to your account, if needed.
- Tap the plus (+) sign located at the bottom-center of the screen.
- Tap the Live button, situated next to the record option.
- Enter a captivating title for your livestream.
- Select Go Live to kick off your wonderful TikTok journey.
Quick Tip: If you can’t find the option to go live from the recording screen, it means your account doesn’t meet the requirements or that you need to update your TikTok app.
How to Join Someone Else’s TikTok Live
You don’t need to be a creator to enjoy TikTok live broadcasts! Here’s how you can join someone else’s TikTok Live:
- Make sure you have at least 1,000 followers.
- Find the Live stream you wish to join.
- In the comments section, tap the button that looks like two figures side-by-side.
- Your request to join the broadcast will be sent, and if approved, you can join the fun!
Tips for an Amazing TikTok Live Experience
Now that you know how to go live on TikTok, it’s essential to make your livestreams captivating and memorable. Here are some top tips to keep in mind:
- Set up your space: Ensure you have a stable filming surface and good lighting. A ring light can give your livestream a professional touch.
- Ensure quality audio: Minimize background noise to avoid distractions for your audience.
- Time it right: Schedule your livestream when your audience is most active on the app for maximum viewership.
- Watch the length: Aim for a 30-minute timeframe as advised by TikTok.
- Plan ahead: Prepare a plan of what you’ll do during the livestream to avoid awkward silence.
- Expand your reach: Upload a TikTok just before going live to attract new viewers to your stream.
- Check your WiFi: Make sure you have a strong internet connection to prevent any livestream interruptions.
- Interact with your audience: Engage with your viewers by reading and responding to their comments.
- Get help from a friend: Enlist moderators to help you screen and block trolls. They’ve got your back!
Remember: If you have concerns about your child’s TikTok usage, you can enable and customize parental controls for added peace of mind.
With these tips in your pocket, you’re ready to rock your TikTok livestreams like a pro! Show the world what you’re made of, connect with your audience, and let your creativity shine. Happy livestreaming!