Are you struggling to find the TikTok videos you’ve already watched? Don’t worry; the TikTok watch history feature is here to save the day. Losing track of videos on TikTok is a common occurrence, but rest assured, they aren’t lost forever. In this article, we will explore several ways to help you locate your watch history. Let’s dive in!
How to Find TikTok Videos You’ve Already Watched
TikTok now offers a native watch history feature that allows users to access videos they’ve viewed in the past seven days. In addition to the native feature, we will explain alternative methods to help you find your watch history.
Using the Native Watch History Feature
Finally, TikTok has integrated the watch history feature into its app, making it easier than ever to find your past videos. Follow these simple steps to view your TikTok watch history:
- Go to your Profile and tap the three stacked lines in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Next, tap Settings and Privacy.
- Finally, select Watch History under the Content & Activity section.
You will be redirected to a screen where you can browse through all the videos you’ve watched in the last seven days. For watch history beyond seven days, continue to method three.
Using the Search Bar
If the watch history feature isn’t available to you, don’t fret. There is still a simple way to find your TikTok videos. This method is especially useful when you accidentally refresh your feed. Here’s what you need to do:
- Head to the Discover tab.
- Press the Search icon in the top-right corner.
- Type an asterisk symbol ‘*‘ and press Search.
- Tap the Filters icon located on the right-hand side of the search bar.
- Turn on Watched Videos and press Apply.
By using the asterisk symbol, you can list all the videos you’ve watched within the last seven days. This method even allows you to find a specific TikTok video that you watched but didn’t like. For more precise results, type in a specific query to find videos that match your keyword or keyphrase within your watch history.
By Requesting Your Data
For the tech-savvy individuals willing to put in some effort, this method is for you. By requesting your data, you gain access to your complete TikTok history, including watch history, profile details, activity, and app settings. Follow these steps to get started:
- Go to your Profile.
- Tap on the three-line icon in the top-right corner.
- Navigate to Privacy.
- Under the Personalize and Data section, you will find the Download Your Data option; tap on it.
- Choose either a TXT file or a JSON file.
- Tap Request Data at the bottom.
- Once your request has been approved (which usually takes up to 4 days), you will be able to download your data.
- In the downloaded ZIP folder, locate your watch history within a file called Video Browsing History.
Though it may require more effort, this method provides you with extensive access to your TikTok history. It’s worth the work if you’re eager to revisit videos or gather comprehensive data.
Remember, your watch history can help you locate TikTok reposts too. This feature is especially useful if you want to un-repost videos you regret reposting.
TikTok Watch History Feature Missing
Recently, the TikTok watch history feature has disappeared from the app, causing frustration and confusion among users. TikTok has yet to comment on the situation. However, it is likely that the feature was removed to resolve the issue of TikTok consuming excessive phone storage.
Rest assured, the watch history feature will most likely return to the app as soon as TikTok finds a solution to the storage problem. Until then, you can still access your watch history using one of the alternate methods listed above.
Now that you can find your past videos with ease, consider checking out our articles on fixing 0 views on TikTok and enabling dark mode on TikTok for Android.