What are Private Listings on eBay? Ever stumble across an eBay listing that didn’t let you see its list of previous bidders? Or feedback containing items that you couldn’t view? Both of these result from private listings, which allow eBay sellers to keep these things from public view using a simple listing upgrade on the selling form.
It probably rings a bell. There are a lot of private listings on eBay, even if they’re not the majority. But how does a seller go about listing this way, and why do they do these things? What does it mean for you?
What are Private Listings on eBay?
While many business sellers will believe this move will put them at a disadvantage on the German marketplace, it may actually be good news. eBay.de is essentially investing in its entire community by offering free listings to private sellers. The more people that list their items on eBay, the more people will visit the site and potentially buy from business sellers.
The practice of offering free listings to private sellers has long been deployed by classified advertising platforms like Gumtree (previously owned by eBay), Craigslist, or Loot. Free listing is also a practice adopted by marketplace disruptors like Vinted, with which eBay competes in critical business categories like pre-loved fashion.
This is the eBay selling limit
It is not systematic on eBay seller accounts , but is applicable in the following cases:
- Additional verification to control the products and certify the account (ex: PayPal Verified)
- Restrictions on accessing options on eBay and conditions to be fulfilled (eg: limited auction, unavailable “ask the seller a question”, sale blocked for a fixed period, registration for a minimum period – 90 days -, performance standards to be respected, etc.)
- Limit applied to category (ex: perfumes are limited to 400 EUR of sale per week and a limit of 10 products / the categories ‘vehicles’ (except parts), ‘real estate’ and ‘SMEs, artisans and farmers’ are not subject to limitations )
- Limit for certain items (ex: branded products)
- “General” sales limit , capping the number of items in your account, which can be lifted
How to Understand the eBay “Item” Limit: In Stock Value
If you have a restriction or limit with ceiling , you have to contact eBay support to ask for the verification procedure and lift the possible limit on the number of objects, in order to be able to publish on your account.
In the case of the sales limit with ceiling, it is a monthly limit which takes into account 3 criteria , which blocks your account activity once one of the limits is reached:
- The number of items sold (limit of units sold)
- The number of advertisements in progress (limit on the value of the inventory in stock)
How long does it take to start selling on marketplaces
This obviously depends on the complexity of what you want to do.
If you start directly on marketplaces, there is no delay . From the moment your account is opened, and you have passed the step ” Verification / KYC », You can start selling on most marketplaces like Amazon, Cdiscount, Fnac, Rakuten, eBay … For some marketplaces, you will need an interface via an integrator: La Redoute, Rueducommerce, Spartoo …
If you want to interface your website and manage it via flows, the easiest way is to go through an integrator. It will take time to integrate, aiming to adapt your feed to what is necessary to sell on marketplaces. The times for this stage range from 1 day to several weeks, sometimes several months. depending on the complexity of what you want to do, the quality of your catalog, your ability to export the mandatory attributes required by marketplaces.
Time to implementation of sales on marketplaces depends on several factors:
- Depending on the marketplace chosen, the reactivity time can vary greatly
- The complexity of your situation can be a source of time to anticipate
- If you have a website with a product feed to distribute on marketplaces, you must already know if the item sheets are already created on the marketplaces, or if they will have to be created.
To check if your products are already referenced, all you have to do is look for the EAN code of your products on the marketplaces. If you find them, it means that the item file is already referenced. Otherwise, it will have to be created.
If your products are already listed, it’s easier, and in a few days your feed can be configured to be sent to marketplaces. The sale of your products on marketplaces can then go very fast.
Can we sell without EAN on eBay?
The EAN being the bar code of the product offered for sale, it is used by marketplaces to allow identify a product in their catalog .
In order to standardize the practice of professional eBay selling and improve SEO , the EAN codes became mandatory in 2016, for new and refurbished products by the manufacturer. For existing offers, modification is possible directly on the online form.
In the case where no unique EAN code is associated with the object , you can select “ Not applicable “, And this will be accepted as long as the” Not applicable “indication is relevant for the product type. If the information entered is verified as incorrect, this may result in the blocking or the deletion of your offer sheet.
What is the Top Reliability Seller Status on Ebay
A Top Reliability seller take advantage of a increased visibility during a search on the eBay site. To obtain this badge, you must meet a number of conditions.
List of conditions published by eBay for Top Reliability sellers :
- Your eBay account is dated more than 90 days and you live in France
- You’re a professional seller
- You follow the eBay settlement
- You count at least 100 transactions with French buyers in the last 12 months
- You have a turnover of at least 1000 € over 12 months
- Minimum 98% positive feedback
- Maximum 2% of transactions with defaults , with at least five different buyers
- Maximum 0.3% of disputes closed without resolution
Above is information about What are Private Listings on eBay? What is this eBay about? that we have compiled. Hopefully, through the above content, you have a more detailed understanding of Private Listings on eBay. Thank you for reading our post.