What is Amazon Digital charge? There are lots of advantages to using Amazon’s digital services, namely: convenience, variety, and competitive prices. But Amazon has a bunch of digital services, which can make managing them and maintaining proper subscription hygiene difficult. If you use a lot of Amazon’s different digital services, it’s important to carefully review your subscriptions regularly so that you can make sure you aren’t being charged for services you aren’t using without realizing it.
If you’re confused about why you’ve received a mysterious Amazon charge for “ Amazon digital svcs AMZ, ” this article will help you figure out what your digital services charges are for and how you can manage them.
What is Amazon Digital charge?
Now that you know what Amazon digital services are, let’s see how Amazon charges for these services. In general, Amazon charges a monthly or yearly fee for access to their digital services, and most services come with a 30-day free trial. The subscription is often set to auto-renew, allowing you to continue using the service without manual transactions or new purchases. However, this also means that you may end up becoming a fully paid member if you forget to turn off the Auto Renewal option.
The Amazon digital charges vary depending on the specific service you’re using. For example, the charge for Amazon Prime is $12.99 per month or $119 per year after the free trial period ends, while Kindle Unlimited costs $9.99 per month or $119.98 per year.
Amazon Prime Video is included with a Prime membership, but non-members can access it for $8.99 per month. Amazon Audible requires a subscription fee ranging from $7.95 to $229.50 per year, depending on the plan you choose. Amazon Music Unlimited costs $7.99 per month for Prime members and $9.99 per month for non-Prime members. Finally, Amazon Kids+ subscriptions range from $2.99 to $99.00 per year, depending on the plan and subscription status.
What Is Amazon Digital Services?
Amazon sells products — clothing, electronics, household goods, and plenty more. However, Amazon also sells digital services, aptly named Amazon Digital Services. The charge may appear on your bank statement as Amazon Digital Svcs.
Its digital services arm includes things like music streaming, eBooks, software, additional television channels that you can tack onto your Prime video membership, and much more. Think Amazon Drive, Kindle Unlimited, and Audible.
With an Amazon account, you can sign up for one of these subscription-based services. Then you’d pay a monthly or annual fee to access the Amazon Digital Service.
How Much Do Amazon Digital Services Cost?
Amazon Digital Services (Amazon Digital Svcs) is one of Amazon’s offerings. There are numerous digital services to choose from, some of which include:
- Kindle: After the 30-day free trial, the Amazon Kindle membership costs $9.99 per month
- FreeTime Unlimited: This service targets children aged 3-12 and offers physical and audio books, educational apps, games, movies, and more starting at $4.99 per month. Prime members can access a discounted cost starting at $2.99 per month
- Amazon Prime: Ideal for lovers of Prime’s free delivery who also want to access Prime television shows, movies, and music, the Amazon
- Prime under Amazon Digital Services subscription costs $12.99 per month ($119 for an annual membership)
- Audible: Get access to audio books, podcasts, and other audio materials starting at $14.95 per month
How to Avoid Unwanted Amazon Digital Charges
Here are the steps you can follow to prevent an Amazon digital charge:
- Keep track of your subscriptions and memberships to understand the details of your Prime or Kindle digital services and the associated costs.
- If you are not using certain features or do not need any digital services, cancel the subscription to avoid incurring additional fees.
- Ensure that your Amazon email address is up to date to avoid missing any essential emails regarding digital subscription services.
- Disable the one-click checkout option for regular purchases and digital content. This feature can make it easier to purchase digital content, and accidental purchases can occur, especially for families with children.
- If you accidentally make an Amazon digital transaction, contact Amazon for assistance with resolving the issue. Amazon has an excellent reputation for helping customers with order-related problems.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I cancel Amazon Digital Services?
You can easily cancel Amazon Digital Services by logging into your Amazon account and navigating to Your Memberships and Subscriptions. Then, you can select the subscription that you’d like to cancel, choose Manage Subscription, and confirm that you’d like to end your membership.
Will I get a refund after canceling Amazon Prime?
Paid Amazon Prime members can receive a full refund for their current membership period if you haven’t taken advantage of your Prime benefits yet. You can expect the refund to hit your account within 3–5 business days.
Will my subscription end automatically after I cancel it?
Your Amazon Digital Services (Amazon Digital Svcs) subscription will not terminate immediately once you cancel. You will have your membership until the renewal date and then it will automatically cancel. Until your monthly subscription expires, you can still view your content.
Is it possible to cancel an Amazon digital order?
If you’ve placed an order with Amazon, you can cancel it before it ships by heading to Your Orders. You can cancel other digital items, such as Kindle books, within seven days, as well as video orders within 24 hours of purchasing.
Why was I charged for Amazon Digital Services after I canceled it?
An Amazon Digital Services (Amazon Digital Svcs) charge may appear on your bank statement as Amazon Digital Svcs. When you subscribe to an Amazon Digital Service, you give the company permission to automatically charge your payment method at the start of your next billing cycle.
For instance, if you subscribe to a digital service for one year, you will automatically be charged for the following year at your renewal period.
If you wish to cancel your Amazon Digital Services subscription, you can do so online, by phone, or via the app in most cases.
Above is information about What is Amazon Digital charge? What is this Amazon Digital? that we have compiled. Hopefully, through the above content, you have a more detailed understanding of Amazon Digital charge. Thank you for reading our post.